Sunday, May 30, 2010

A few of his favorite things


I was delighted to be able to make a few things for a very special guy on his birthday. What makes him so special is that he makes someone I love very happy. Butter, sugar, and flour just doesn't seem to quite cut it.

Among the items on the birthday boy's list of favorite things is Guinness Draught. Instead of tackling one of the many chocolate stout cupcake recipes out there I simply replaced the water in a devil's food chocolate cake mix recipe with Guinness. I figured the Guinness company would not be too upset that I pirated one of their images for these cupcakes since I did use their product in the recipe. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the party where these were served but I hear they went over pretty well.
As for the cookies, he is a guy so no matter what they may say, these cookie designs are on most men's list of favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment