Thursday, March 4, 2010

Blue and Brown Bridal Shower



I had the pleasure to help my sister host a bridal shower for her best friend over the weekend. When a shower was mentioned I jumped at the chance to help. Even though I do not have children, I liken my desire for entertaining to childbirth, painful, but after it is over you forget the pain and it is all worth it. I had so much fun designing, baking, and decorating for this shower. I took inspiration from the shower invitations that my sister picked. The cupcakes and cheesecake pops were decorated with candy clay, which I have worked with before, and chocolate shavings. I tinted the chocolate using a coloring made specifically for chocolate, do not use regular food coloring, it will ruin the chocolate. For favors, we had sugar cookies speckled with melted chocolate to resemble robin's eggs. I used the same sugar cookie recipe I have in the past, hasn't failed me yet. Now, just waiting for more of my sister's friends to get married.....or start having babies!







No comments:

Post a Comment