Monday, November 30, 2009

My Contributions

Another successful Thanksgiving dinner at my parent's. This year I was in charge of the sweet potatoes and a dessert. Of course I brought two desserts. In my defense the first was more of a salad than a dessert (but it did have candy bar pieces in it.) I found the super easy apple salad recipe here.


I don't think this one needs much explaining. Apples=good, candy bars=good, pudding=good, and whipped topping=gooooood. So put all together and called a salad - I say good.
I also decided to go with something a little less traditional since I knew there would be a pumpkin and a pecan pie on the menu. I chose to make these oatmeal-cranberry-sour cream bars.

The only thing difficult about the bars was remembering the name when everyone asked me what they were called and if they could have the recipe. The sweet tanginess of the filling made them different than most others I have made. I will definitely be making these again.

I used the recipe photos from Taste of Home and Betty Crocker, respectively, because they both turned out exactly like the recipe photos. That's a first!




1 comment:

  1. I'm making these for my Christmas work party...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete